Garlic and Herb Brazil Nut “Cheese”
Serving size: 8 servings
- 1 1/3 cups Brazil nuts, raw
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak nuts in a bowl covered with water. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Set aside a baking sheet coated with cooking spray
- Drain the water from the nuts and place nuts in a food processor with the lemon juice, garlic, salt and water. Blend for 8 minutes or until smooth.
- Line a medium bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Spoon mixture into the center of the towel. Bring the corners and side of the towel together and twist around mixture, forming a large ball. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine parsley, rosemary, thyme and pepper in a bowl. Gently unwrap the cheese ball and coat with herbs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until ball begins to crack. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature with vegetables, crackers or bread.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 3 g carbohydrates, 22 g fat, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein, 290 mg sodium.
Recipe from: vegetariantimes.com