Gluten-Free Baked Onion Rings
Yields 6 servings
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄4 cup fine gluten-free corn flour
- 1⁄4 cup plain gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 2 whisked eggs
- Olive oil spray
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set aside a large baking sheet lined with foil.
- Remove outer skin of onions then slice onions cross-wise into 1/2 inch rings.
- Set up 4 small bowls for dipping onions. In the first bowl, add the milk and set aside. In the second bowl, add the corn flour, salt, Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, and pepper; then mix. Next, add the egg substitute or whisked egg to the third bowl. Lastly, add the bread crumbs to the fourth bowl.
- First, dip each onion ring in the milk, then cover completely with the corn flour mixture. Now, dip the onion ring in the egg or egg substitute. Finally, dip it in the bread crumbs and cover completely.
- Place dipped onion rings in a single layer on the baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 70 calories, 10 g carbohydrates, 60 mg cholesterol, 2 g fat, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein, 240 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com