Gluten-Free Lemon Artichoke Pasta
Serving size: 5 servings
- 12 oz. gluten free noodles
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained & patted dry
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons zest finely grated & juiced
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cook noodles following the directions on the package. Reserve some of the cooking water for later
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Place the artichokes in a single layer and let cook for 3 minutes or until browned on one side. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove artichokes from the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Add butter and shallot and cook until shallots are tender – about 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and capers. Cook and stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the pasta and artichokes to the pan. Mix until pasta is coated with the sauce. If the sauce is to dry, add 1 tablespoon at a time of the reserved water until desired consistency is reached. Add parsley and Parmesan cheese and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition per serving: 380 calories, 46 g carbohydrates, 30 mg cholesterol, 17 g fat, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein, 1120 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: simplygluten-free.com