Gluten-Free Oven-Baked Okra Bites
Serving size: 4 servings
- 12 pods okra
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Set aside a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the bread crumb ingredients in a small bowl. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- To prepare okra, cut off end pieces of the okra and then cut okra into ¼ inch rounds.
- In a medium bowl, toss okra rounds with one tablespoon oil. Make sure oil is dispersed evenly.
- Add half of the bread crumb mixture to the bowl and toss with the okra rounds until they are all covered.
- Repeat by carefully tossing the okra with the remaining one tablespoon of oil, then add the remaining bread crumbs.
- Gently transfer the okra to the cookie sheet and bake for ten minutes at 425°F. Remove from oven and flip the breaded okra over and bake an additional ten minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 5 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: thehealthyfamilyandhome.com