Gluten Free Pear Bread
Yields 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup starch of choice: tapioca, corn, or potato
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored & grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a 9” x 5” loaf pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Use some extra brown rice flour to dust the loaf pan; make sure the flour is evenly spread throughout the pan.
- Whisk together the brown rice flour, starch of choice, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla together. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add the grated pears and chopped walnuts to the batter and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes in the pan and then place on a wire rack to cool prior to cutting.
Nutrition per serving: 330 calories, 42 g carbohydrates, 29 mg cholesterol, 17 g fat, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein, 210 mg sodium, 19 g sugar.
Recipe from: glutenfreeandmore.com