Grapefruit Avocado Oatmeal
Serving size: 1 serving
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled & sectioned
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt
- Chia or flaxseeds (optional)
- Segment grapefruit by cutting it in half. Using a knife, cut along the segments to remove the grapefruit flesh. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a boil, add oats and reduce heat to simmer. Add chia or flaxseeds at this time if desired. Add grapefruit segments and stir. Set aside some segments to use as a topping.
- Once liquid begins to reduce, add lemon juice, salt, and stir.
- Fold diced avocado into the oatmeal. Once desired consistency occurs, transfer to a bowl and add additional toppings as desired — milk, coconut, nuts, or seeds.
Nutrition per serving: 372 calories, 56 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 16 g protein, 314 mg sodium.
Recipe from: theoatmealartist.com