Grated Rutabaga with Parmesan
Yields 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb. rutabaga, peeled and grated (around 4 cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, shredded
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the wine and cook until the volume is reduced by half, around 2 minutes.
- Next, add the rutabaga, stock and thyme and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until rutabaga is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cheese prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 130 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, 240 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: marthastewart.com