Greek Barley Salad
Yields 4 servings
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 2 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combined barley and 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes or until barley is tender. Drain, set aside and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar and olive oil together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix the tomatoes, feta, olives, mint, bell pepper, and cucumber together. Add ingredients to the cooked barley. Next, fold in the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 280 calories, 38 g carbohydrates, 10 mg cholesterol, 12 g fat, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein, 480 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com