Hazelnut & Pear Salad
Yields 6 servings
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted, divided
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1/2 cup red onion, chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1, 5 oz. package spring mix greens
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Dressing: In a food processor, add 1/3 cup hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons onion, water, vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic, and paprika. Pulse until smooth. Continue to process ingredients and then add oil in a slow steady stream until combined.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine the salad greens and onion, add 1/2 cup of the dressing and toss to combine. Top with pear slices, cheese, cherries, and remaining hazelnuts. Add more dressing to individual portions.
Nutrition per serving: 280 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 10 mg cholesterol, 22 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 340 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com