Herb and Garlic Amaranth Crackers
Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 sprigs of thyme, fresh & finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. rosemary leaves, fresh & finely chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until combined. Dough will resemble a clumpy, sandy mixture. Remove dough from food processor and place on parchment paper. Knead until smooth, if dough is too sticky, add a small amount of flour and knead until smooth. For best results the dough should not be sticky. If the dough is too crumbly, return it to the food processor and add one teaspoon of water and process.
- Flatten the dough on parchment paper and place a separate piece of paper on top of the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to a thickness of 1/5 inch. Use a cookie cutter, about 2 inches wide, and cut out crackers. Place crackers on prepared baking sheet and poke with a fork to prevent them from puffing up. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. When done, let cool prior to storing in an air tight container.
Nutrition per serving: 134 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 239 mg sodium.
Recipe from: deliciouseveryday.com