Indian Spiced Chickpea Flatbread
Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 cup chickpea or garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp. + 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coriander, ground
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ⅛– ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced
- Mix chickpea flour, water, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt, coriander and turmeric in a medium bowl. Set aside for two hours at room temperature to let mixture rest.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a skillet, heat one teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until golden brown. Next add tomatoes and cook an additional three minutes, then add garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Add sautéed vegetables to the chickpea flour mixture.
- Preheat a 10 inch cast iron pan in the oven for five minutes. Carefully remove pan with a potholder. Pour one tablespoon olive oil in the pan to coat. Pour half of the batter into pan coating entire pan. Place pan under the broiler and cook until edges are blackened, around 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into wedges, garnish with cilantro and serve. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Nutrition per serving: 210 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein, 310 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: cookincanuck.com