Kale and Apple Salad
Serving size: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1 oz. pecorino or parmesan, finely grated
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, and 1/4 tsp. salt together. Add kale and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut dates into thin slivers and cut apples into matchsticks. Add dates, apples, almonds, and cheese to the kale. Season with salt and pepper, toss well.
Nutrition per serving: 208 calories, 20 g carbohydrates, 6 mg cholesterol, 13 g fat, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein, 280 mg sodium, 10 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com