Kale Avocado Date Salad
Yields 10 servings
- 12 oz. kale, stems removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 oz. Parmesan, shaved
- 8-10 medium dates, pitted and cut into slivers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the kale, pine nuts, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add the avocado, cheese, and dates and mix gently. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 260 calories, 30 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 16 g fat, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein, 130 mg sodium, 22 g sugar.
Recipe from: marthastewart.com