Kiwi Quick Bread
Yields 10 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup kiwifruit, peeled & mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a greased 9x5 loaf pan. If using gluten-free flour, line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and combine completely. Add mashed kiwis and mix.
- Fold in dry flour mixture until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and let sit until completely cooled. Cut into 10 slices and enjoy.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 32 g carbohydrates, 60 mg cholesterol, 11 g fat, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein, 160 mg sodium, 11 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com