Kohlrabi and Lentil Soup
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 kohlrabi bulb, peeled & diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup red lentils, rinsed
- 2-3 cups of water
- 3-4 collard green leaves, chopped
- Salt and seasonings to taste
- In a skillet, sauté kohlrabi in butter or oil until soft and lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Add lentils, water and seasonings, simmer and cook 15 minutes or until lentils are soft. Add collard greens and simmer an additional five minutes. Serve.
Nutrition per serving: 121 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein, 308 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: kristinschell.com