Kohlrabi Salad with Cilantro and Lime
Serving size: 4 servings
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 6 cups kohlrabi, grate or cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ of a jalapeno, minced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- Orange zest from one orange
- Lime zest from one lime
- CITRUS HONEY VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅛ cup plus 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- Wash, peel and trim kohlrabi into matchsticks or shred using a food processor.
- Put kohlrabi in a large bowl. Mix with cilantro, onions, jalapeno, lime and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, honey, salt and rice wine vinegar until well combined. Toss the vinaigrette with the salad ingredients. Refrigerate until time to serve. Garnish with citrus zest and cilantro if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 54 calories, 34 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat, 8 g fiber, 4 g protein, 334 mg sodium, 25 g sugar.
Recipe from: feastingathome.com