Leeks in Vinaigrette
Serving size: 4 servings
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4 large leeks, white & pale-green parts only
- Wash, trim root ends, and remove tough outer layer of leeks.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil, and boil leeks until tender, around 15-20 minutes. Drain and place leeks on paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk shallot, garlic, vinegar, mustards, thyme and sugar together. Slowly add oil and 1 tablespoon water and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cut leeks length wise, place on a serving platter cut side up. Drizzle with dressing and let sit 10 minutes prior to servings.
Nutrition per serving: 130 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein, 330 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: bonappetit.com