Lemon Swiss Chard Pasta
Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 cup pasta, gluten free, uncooked
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed & cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan with boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. When done, remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, using a large skillet, sauté chard in olive oil over medium heat until chard is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients, including cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 192 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 8 g fiber, 4 g protein, 734 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: onegreenplanet.org