Mashed Root Vegetables
Yields 4 servings
- 3 cups turnips, peeled & diced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled & diced
- 2 cups parsnips, peeled & diced
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- In a large saucepan, add turnips, carrots, parsnips, and onion.
- Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain water and return the cooked vegetables to the saucepan. Using a potato masher, begin to mash the vegetables. Add butter, milk, salt, and pepper as you mash. Serve once you have obtained your desired texture.
Nutrition per serving: 170 calories, 27 g carbohydrates, 15 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat, 7 g fiber, 3 g protein, 460 mg sodium, 11 g sugar.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com