Mediterranean Roasted Artichoke
Serving size: 6 servings
- 3 large globe artichokes
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- Crumbled feta cheese to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet and aluminum foil.
- Clean and cut artichokes. Cut off the stem, then peel off the tough outer layers of the artichoke by hand. Cut off one inch from the top of the artichoke, then take a scissors and trim off the remaining outside leaf tips. Cut the artichoke in half lengthwise, then remove all of the hairs on the inside using a paring knife.
- Drizzle lemon juice on the cut artichoke surfaces to decrease browning.
- Put each artichoke half on a piece of lightly oiled aluminum foil. The piece should be large enough to wrap around the artichoke.
- Season artichokes with salt and pepper and place 1 garlic clove in the center of each artichoke half. Drizzle olive oil over each half, then wrap the foil around each artichoke half.
- Roast for 40 minutes. Once done, carefully open foil using tongs, remove the garlic cloves and reclose the foil until ready to serve.
- Once the garlic is cool, add to a food processor with the dill, ¼ cup lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove artichokes halves from the foil and place on a serving platter. Drizzle dressing over the artichokes and top with shallots, capers and feta cheese.
Nutrition per serving: 90 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 5 g fat, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein, 250 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: themediterraneandish.com