Yields 1 serving
- 1⁄3 cup millet
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk or dairy-free alternative
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. raisins or other dried fruit
- Honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Combine millet, water, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and dried fruit into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed. Do not stir.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with honey or maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 380 calories, 71 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 4 g fat, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein, 140 mg sodium, 22 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com