Yields 6 servings
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by warming the broth in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Scoop out the mushrooms and liquid and place in a separate dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large saucepan. Mix in the shallots and cook for 1 minute. Next, add the rice and stir until coated with olive oil, around 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir until completely absorbed in the rice.
- Now add the warm chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed. Continue to add 1/2 cup of the broth, stir continuously until absorbed until the rice is tender, around 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and mix in the mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and serve
Nutrition per serving: 380 calories, 46 g carbohydrates, 25 mg cholesterol, 16 g fat, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein, 270 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com