Nutty Vegan Burgers
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, raw
- 1 cup walnuts, raw
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup or tomato paste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari
- 1/4 tsp. thyme, dried
- 4 tsp. sage, ground, dried
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Add almonds, walnuts, garlic and salt to your food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely ground.
- Add ketchup, nutritional yeast, tamari, seasonings, shredded carrots and zucchini. Pulse until mixture begins to hold together, then add oats and pulse until smooth and combined.
- Scoop out mixture with a 1/3 cup measuring cup and create patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and cook patties for 5-7 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with buns and your favorite burger fixings.
Nutrition per serving: 410 calories, 19 g carbohydrates, 31 g fat, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein, 380 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: dreenaburton.com