Serving size: 5 - 1/2 cup servings
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- In a medium bowl, cover oats completely with water and let soak for 15-20 minutes. Drain the water, then rinse oats under fresh water.
- Add the oats to a blender with 3 cups water, salt, vanilla and sweetener. Blend until the mixture turns milky white, around 2 minutes.
- Using a fine sieve, drain the oat milk over a bowl to remove any solids. Use a spatula to help the liquid drain.
- Store oat milk in a glass jar and enjoy as desired.
Nutrition per serving: 90 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, 3 g protein, 35 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: thesprueeats.com