Yields 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 medium onions, sliced into thin rounds
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour substitute
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt stirring often until caramelized, around 15-20 minutes. If the pan becomes too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Mix in the flour until it starts to brown, about one minute.
- Add the wine and mix well. Cook another two minutes until most of the wine evaporates.
- Add the beef broth, black pepper, and dried thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered. Stir often until the soup has thickened, around 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 150 calories, 15 g carbohydrates, 15 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein, 580 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: healthyrecipesblog.com