Serving size: 12 servings
- 2 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh-squeezed
- 3 Tbsp. of orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. orange juice
- Orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.
- Sift together the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, heat the water and milk in the microwave in 10 second increments until slightly warm. This will help prevent the coconut oil from solidifying in the next step.
- In a medium bowl whisk together water, milk, orange juice, orange zest, oil, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin tin. Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and remove from the muffin tin. Continue to let muffins sit out until completely cool.
- If desired, mix confectioners’ sugar, orange juice and orange zest until thickened. Then drizzle the glaze on the muffins.
Nutrition per serving: 160 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 180 mg sodium, 11 g sugar.
Recipe from: Orange Muffins