Overnight Buckwheat Porridge
Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2-4 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup water, optional if the porridge needs to be thinned out more
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Recommended toppings: fresh fruit, unsweetened coconut, pumpkin seeds, almonds, hemp seeds
- Put groats and chia seeds in a glass container, cover with water. Make sure to fill 2 inches over the mixture. Let soak overnight.
- Drain mixture with a mesh strainer and rinse lightly.
- Place groats in a food processor with sweetener, dairy-free milk, vanilla, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, and sea salt and pulse until smooth. Add water if needed to achieve the desired consistency. Divide into 2 portions and add toppings of choice. Try fresh fruit, seeds, or unsweetened coconut flakes.
Nutrition per serving: 450 calories, 86 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 15 g fiber, 13 g protein, 90 mg sodium, 16 g sugar.
Recipe from: organicallymandy.com