Papaya, Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Chile-Lime
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 papaya, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 cup cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled & diced
- 3 jalapeno chilies, seeded & minced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop out the papaya flesh, leaving a ½ inch layer of fruit on the papaya skin. Dice the scooped out flesh into small pieces.
- In a large bowl toss together all of the ingredients. Add the tossed ingredients back into the papaya skin to serve. Serve immediately or chill prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 330 calories, 42 g carbohydrates, 55 mg cholesterol, 17 g fat, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein, 530 mg sodium, 26 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com