Pasta with Spinach Sauce and Olives
Yields 4 servings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 15 Kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 lb. spinach, washed, stems removed & chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water with salt to a boil. In the mean¬time, combine the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, olives, and olive oil in a large serving bowl.
- Once the water is boiling, place the linguine in the water and cook until nearly done. Then, add the spinach to the water and cook until wilted, approximately one minute.
- Drain quickly & toss with ingredients in the serving bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Top with grated parmesan if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 590 calories, 91 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat, 7 g fiber, 18 g protein, 460 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: cooking.nytimes.com