Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
Serving size: 16 servings
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp. ground flax + 6 Tbsp. water)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter or other nut/seed butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside an 8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- To make the 2 flax eggs, mix 2 tablespoons ground flax with 6 tablespoons warm water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, coconut flakes, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a medium bowl, mix the flax egg, coconut oil, nut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold together. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the combined mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly using a spatula. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until baked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. Lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper and cut into 16 bars.
Nutrition per serving: 130 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein, 65 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: beamingbaker.com