Pear and Parsnip Purée
Yields 4 1/2 cup servings
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Approximately 2 medium parsnips, peeled & diced
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored & diced
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the parsnips and thyme sprigs, reduce heat to simmer, and cook covered for 8 minutes.
- Add the pears and cook until both the parsnips and pears are soft, around 8 more minutes. Remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs.
- Use an immersion blender to puree or puree in your blender. Thin with water if necessary to create desired thickness.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 28 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 1 g protein, 60 mg sodium, 12 g sugar.
Recipe from: bonappetit.com