Pomegranate-Glazed Acorn Squash
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 acorn squash, halved & seeded
- 1-2 T. Olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 T. coconut oil or butter
- ¼ - ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Mint leaves, optional
- Slice the acorn squash in half. Scoop out squash seeds and slice squash halves into thin wedges. Brush with olive oil and roast at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- In a medium or large saucepan, cook pomegranate juice with sugar and salt, stirring until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add butter and let melt, add squash and pomegranate seeds and toss to coat. Serve with mint leaves if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 251 calories, 34 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 300 mg sodium, 22 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com