Prosciutto-Wrapped Grilled Okra
Serving size: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 lb. okra pods
- 4, ½ oz. slices prosciutto, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil with the vinegar, honey, lemon rind, pepper and salt until combined.
- Wash, and then slice the okra pods in half lengthwise. Wrap with prosciutto and assemble onto the skewers. Brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Coat the grill with cooking spray. Put the okra skewers onto the grill and grill for four minutes, flip and grill an additional four minutes.
- Brush the skewers with the marinade and grill an additional one minute. Remove from heat and pour remaining marinade over the cooked skewers.
Nutrition per serving: 90 calories, 4 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 8 g fat, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: myrecipes.com