Protein Power Lentils and Amaranth Patties
Serving size: 15 servings
- 1 cup red lentils
- ½ cup amaranth
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. psyllium husks or one large egg or substitute
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Sliced black olives, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- In a pot add red lentils and amaranth, cover with water and boil for 15 minutes and strain.
- Mix lentils and amaranth in a large bowl with remaining ingredients, except oil. Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is too moist.
- In a frying pan heat oil over low-medium heat. Form patties, ¼ cup each. Fry each patty for two minutes on each side. Have a plate set aside covered with paper towel to place patties and absorb excess oil.
Nutrition per serving: 74 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 11 mg cholesterol, 1 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 12 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: gourmandelle.com