Serving size: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (to make at home, roast pumpkin and puree)
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk or unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion top, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Add onion, cook until tender for about 3 minutes, but do not let the onion dry out.
- Add remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, stir in the milk and cook until hot, but do not boil.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion top if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 75 calories, 15 g carbohydrates, 1 mg cholesterol, 1 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 96 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: mayoclinic.org