Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving size: 6 servings
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 3 medium-sized acorn squash, halved and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Put prepared squash halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Add water to the baking sheet and cover squash with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook 1 cup dry quinoa according to package instructions. Once done, fluff with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced bell peppers, zucchini, onion and chives, and sauté for 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked vegetables to the quinoa and mix. Scoop mixture into the squash halves. Bake stuffed squash for an additional 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 39 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 40 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: allergicliving.com