Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Serving size: 4 servings
- 4 bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds & pith removed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce, plus more for serving
- 1, 15 oz. can white cannellini beans or 1 ½ cup cooked beans
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine rinsed quinoa and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside once cooked.
- On a baking sheet, set bell pepper halves cut-side down, bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- n a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until translucent, add garlic, mushrooms and zucchini (or vegetables of choice) and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cooked quinoa, beans, and sauce to the vegetable mixture, stir well. Adjust seasonings at this time if needed.
- On the baking sheet, flip the cooked bell pepper halves cut-side up. Spoon the filling equally into each halve. Top each halve with marinara sauce to keep moist. Bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 54 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 10 g fiber, 13 g protein, 610 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: rachaelrayshow.com