Raspberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Yields 12 servings
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or gluten-free substitute
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free substitute
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 oz. raspberries, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a 9x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, oats, and coconut. Next add the brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the coconut oil and egg whites and stir until a dough forms.
- Press 1/4 of the mixture on the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside the remaining 3/4 of the mixture.
- Mash the raspberries in a small bowl until pureed. Pour the raspberry puree evenly over the batter.
- Crumble the remaining batter on top of the raspberry puree. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes then remove from the baking dish.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into 12 bars. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until serving.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 27 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein, 60 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: driscolls.com