Raw Beet, Carrot and Apple Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing
Serving size: 8 servings
- 3–4 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 1 ¾ cup beet roots, peeled and grated
- 1 ¾ cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 ¾ cup Fuji or Pink Lady apple, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp. honey, optional
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, optional
- Combine grated beets, carrots and apples in a large bowl.
- Whisk lime juice with grated ginger and toss with shredded vegetables.
- Alternatively, whisk lime juice, grated ginger, honey and olive oil together and toss with shredded vegetables. This will result is a sweeter salad.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition per serving: 70 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g fat, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein, 35 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: allergyfreealaska.com