Ripe Plantain Rolls
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled
- 1/4 lb. Prosciutto or Serrano ham
- 1/4 lb. cheddar, or dairy-free cheese substitute
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F and set aside two greased mini muffin pans.
- Remove the peel from the plantains. Cut plantain into approximately six very thin slices.
- Cut the ham and cheese into thin strips similar in size to the plantain slices.
- Put a plantain slice on top of a slice of ham, then place the cheese on top of the plantain. Roll the strip tightly and place in a muffin slot.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve hot.
Nutrition per serving: 250 calories, 29 g carbohydrates, 50 mg cholesterol, 10 g fat, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein, 350 mg sodium, 14 g sugar.
Recipe from: dominicancooking.com