Roasted Broccoli with Brazil Nut Pesto
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon chopped or 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, finely grated
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 lbs. broccoli, cut into 4-inch-long florets
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil and lay out in an even layer on 2 baking sheets. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 16-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- In a food processor, pulse parsley, Brazil nuts, water, tarragon, garlic and lemon zest until it resembles a coarse paste. Next add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and the grated Parmesan, pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place roasted broccoli on a serving dish and top with pesto and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 200 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 17 g fat, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodandwine.com