Roasted Cauliflower, Hazelnut & Pomegranate Seed Salad
Yields 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower broken into small florets
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2/3 cup celery, cut in ¼ inch angled slices
- 5 Tbsp. hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. allspice, ground
- 1 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set aside a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Spread out mixture on the baking sheet and roast for 25-35 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven & place in a large serving bowl.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool slightly. Then, chop the hazelnuts coarsely.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts, remaining olive oil, celery, parsley, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, allspice, vinegar, and maple syrup and mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 15 g carbohydrates, 23 g fat, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein, 230 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com