Roasted Endive with Walnut Vinaigrette
Serving size: 8 servings
- 12 Belgian endives
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- Salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet.
- Remove the root end of the endives, then cut endives in half lengthwise. Set on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Coat endive evenly and place cut side down.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- While the endive is baking, prepare the vinaigrette. Mix the vinegar, mustard and sugar. Add the walnut oil and whisk until well combined. Add the toasted walnuts and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the roasted endive with the vinaigrette and eat immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 260 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 18 g fat, 9 g protein, 230 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: food52.com