Serving size: 12 servings
- 1 or more heads of garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Position the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Peel the outer layers of paper off of the garlic bulb. Leave the garlic bulb intact with the cloves connected.
- Cut ¼ inch off the top of the head of garlic. The top of the garlic cloves will be exposed.
- Drizzle 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil over the visible surface, letting the oil drain into the bulb of garlic.
- Wrap in foil and roast for 40 minutes in the oven. Pierce the bulb of garlic with a fork to ensure it is soft. Roasting time will vary on the size, variety and age of the garlic bulb.
- Once done, let the garlic cool slightly and serve. Remove garlic from the skin by pressing on the bottom of the clove to push it out of the paper. Refrigerate for 2 weeks or freeze for 3 months. Spread on crackers or bread, mash into salad dressings, dips or spreads. Use in soups, casseroles or sauces.
Nutrition per serving: 11 calories, 1 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, 1 mg sodium.
Recipe from: thekitchn.com