- 1 lb. okra, fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh thyme leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Set aside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Rinse okra with water, drain, and pat until thoroughly dry. Cut off the okra stems and tips and place in a large bowl. Toss with salt and olive oil until completely coated.
- Scoop the okra out of the bowl with a slotted spoon to remove excess oil and put on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, flipping the okra every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven once lightly browned and tender. Toss with fresh thyme and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 9 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: cooking.nytimes.com