Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons heart healthy oil (such as olive oil)
- Salt to taste
- Optional seasonings: cayenne pepper, garlic powder, other favorite spices or herbs
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Clean off major chunks of string and pulp from the seeds. Some left on is okay as it will add flavor.
- Toss pumpkin seeds with oil and seasonings of choice in a bowl.
- On a baking sheet, spread seeds in a single layer, parchment paper can be used to reduce clean-up.
- Bake about 45 minutes, until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition per serving: 299 calories, 6 g carbohydrates, 27 g fat, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein, 100 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com