Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Serving size: 6 servings
- 15.5 oz. canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ roasted red pepper, jarred or you roast
- 2-3 tbsp. water or extra virgin olive oil (if needed to thin)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- To roast peppers, turn on oven broiler. Slice bell peppers into four portions, one slice per side. Remove seeds and pith. Place pepper cut-side down on a baking sheet. Broil for about 10 minutes or until skin is blackened. Remove from pan and place in a glass container, cover with airtight lid for 20 minutes. Once cooled, remove and discard skin.
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas, garlic, tahini, cumin, lemon juice, sea salt and roasted red pepper.
- Use some water or extra virgin olive oil to thin the mixture if needed.
- Serve as a dip for vegetables, crackers or chips, use as a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
Nutrition per serving: 140 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 340 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: veggieinspired.com