Sauteed Chard with Parsnip
Serving size: 2 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard, stems removed & leaves cut into ½-inch wide ribbons
- 1 parsnip root, outer skin peeled, peeled into ribbons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- In a large skill, heat olive oil and sauté minced garlic for one minutes or until fragrant.
- Add chard and parsnip ribbons to the skillet. Mix chard and parsnip until coated with oil and garlic and cook until chard begins to wilt. Season with salt and pepper, lower heat and cover pan for 1-3 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or lemon juice and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 179 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, 316 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: simplyrecipes.com