Sautéed Dandelion Greens
Serving size: 4 servings
- 8 cups dandelion greens, washed well
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove dandelion stems and rinse well in a bowl of water. Drain and repeat if needed to remove any dirt. Coarsely chop leaves.
- Blanch dandelion leaves for 4 to 5 minutes. In the meantime, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and red pepper flakes and sauté until onions are soft and translucent. Add blanched leaves to oil and toss. Sauté until leaves are tender, around 10 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: 118 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein, 85 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: food.com