Shredded Collard Green Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cashews
Serving size: 8 servings
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 lb. collard greens, stems removed, leaves thinly shredded
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potato rounds with 2 tablespoons avocado oil. Add the cumin, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping the sweet potatoes at 20 minutes. When tender remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix the lime juice and ginger in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. Add the remaining avocado oil and whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using clean hands or food safe gloves, massage the collard greens with 1 tablespoon of the dressing for 5 minutes in a large bowl to tenderize the leaves.
- Transfer the leaves to a serving platter and top with the sweet potatoes, goat cheese and cashews. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 33 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 15 g fat, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: saveur.com